Friday, May 2, 2008

ESPN and Boring Baseball



Is it just me or is Baseball Tonight, baseball highlights, web-gems, Peter Gammons, or Roger Clemens the only thing on ESPN (Sportscenter mainly) anymore. I am so tired of coming home from a long day at work, looking forward to some good NBA playoff highlights and only getting hours of boring baseball.

Don't get me wrong, I still love watching web-gems, but give it a rest. Coming home and turning ESPN on and only getting baseball, is like DVR-ing the top 10 from Sportscenter to only find out hockey has the number play.

I am not a total baseball hater, in fact in September and October I enjoy watching the 9th inning if its a close game, and if the Bo-Sox or Pin stripes are losing. College baseball is another story, I mean they still don't use the wooden bat so there is a little more offense and I can last a little while longer.

After the back to back titles, this season we are going to be very lucky to make it back to Omaha. Good luck, and Go Beavs. If anyone wants to join I think that would be a cool vacation. The final four of baseball? College World Series anyone?

Just had to get that off my chest. Forget even trying to DVR Sportscenter and speed through the hockey and baseball lameness. Just wait to my man Greg Anthony and Chris Legler to give you the scoop on NBA Fastbreak, or Kenny the Jet and Sor Charles on TNT's Inside the NBA if you want a little more entertainment with your bball.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Two thoughts:

1. You're absolutely right about ESPN in the summer months especially once the NBA Finals are over. I'm constantly frustrated when I flip on Sportscenter and all they have to talk about is the minutiae of every single baseball game played that day.

And you can tell they know their program is boring. They stretch and stretch to find any story that isn't baseball related. CFB injuries, human interest stories, NFL previews, etc. It really is pathetic.

2. OSU has a good baseball team. They came down to Miller Park recently and BYU hung with them for a while, but we just don't have the pitching. If you want a real offensive game, by the way, just come down and watch a BYU baseball game. Not only do we have absolutely no pitchers, but our batters are pretty dang good. I think every one of our games this year have ended in the 15-12 range.

That's it. Sorry for the long comment.