Monday, October 6, 2008

Mid-Season Rankings and Conferences

After regularly reviewing the mid-season polls, I have come to the conclusion, that they just don't mean much to me. Sure it means something to the BCS voters at the end of the year. But I feel I know where teams sit, regardless of what the polls say. How can you even keep track anymore due to the plethora of polls that are out there. Instead of making my own poll lets review the conferences.


Before I go there I just wanted to touch on conferences. Below I have ranked them and rationalized some of my decisions, others are just there.

Evan's Conference Rankings:

1. Big 12 (4 teams in the top 7, I don't think anyone can argue with that)

2. MWC (Obviously BYU & Utah and TCU who will likely get back in the top 25 soon. They have an outstanding record against the Pac-10 (6-1) and are looking good. Although let us not forget about that crap call the Beavs got on the 2 point conversion.

3. SEC (As much as it pains me, they are deep and we need each team to have 2 losses to help BYU's chances)

4. tie, BIG EAST/PAC-10 (WV already lost to Colorado & East Carolina. Oregon sucking this year is not helping the pac out any. Together they account for 43 losses, ouch)

6. BIG 10 (Similar to the WAC, without Penn St I wouldn't have even put them on the list. Ohio State I strongly dislike)

7. ACC (stick to bball)

8. WAC (horrible this year, my Rexburg Idaho flag football team could compete with everyone but the Bronco's)

Now where I am really wanting to go with this post, is to create my own Conference called, the BIG EC (Evan Carlile). Below are the teams in my conference and where they would be currently ranked.

1. Missouri Tigers. Offense is the best in the nation. averaging 53.4 points/game. There defense still has question marks, but with that offense that may be okay. Tigers play at Texas on the 18th.

2. Brigham Young Cougars. In my opinion, the complete team. Excel on both sides of the ball and special teams. Outscoring there last three opponents 137-14.

3.-10. in this order would be of course the Beavs, Boise State, USC, Oregon, Florida, Washington, Ohio State, and Utah

Some of you may be wondering about some of those teams, opposition in all things. It would just really help me get up for each game playing my dreaded teams every week.

No comments: