Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Meet the Droid


Alright ladies and gentlemen, Ev has asked me to be a contributor to this sports blog and I gladly accepted this invitation. In this post, I want to talk about my credentials and then, what I think about sports.

First things first, Ev and I go way back and have spent many sporting hours together. He and I are the only players on our intramural football team to touch the ball every offensive play and it is helping the team to victory. My credentials for this job are as follows: 13th man on freshman bball team (for all of you that don't know, that is the last kid to get cut), 3 years Powderpuff coach, 2003 City League basketball MVP, the brother of the founder of courgarcrazies.com and thousands and I mean, thounsands of hours of Sportscenter watched.

Now on to the important stuff, the sports. I love football! I love college football and the NFL but I have more of a passion for college. I love a few teams and I hate a lot of teams. I am a Oregon Duck first(yes this means that there will be some Duck posts on this blog), BYU Cougar second, OSU Beaver third and then Pac-10. Some may call it a west coast bias but I prefer to refer to it as "I hate anything east of the rocky mountains." I don't like the SEC, ACC, Big 10, Big12 or Big East. In the top 10, I like BYU and USC. I can stand Missouri but that is only because they are new. The worst on that list is Oklahoma at #1. I always feel like the west needs more love. I swear almost every year, the Pac-10 gets shafted in one way or another and then there is the problem with the Mountain West and lack of love for the Cougs.

Later in the year, you'll be hearing about basketball from me, especially college, but I am a Blazer fan like Ev. Basically, you'll be hearing from me about football, basketball and anything else in the sports world that catches my fancy.

1 comment:

Evan said...

We welcome you with open arms. I am excited to see you creativity and wit. I am very excited for the Blazers this year, but its tough to think of anything past college football right now. Good luck my brother.