Saturday, November 15, 2008

Evan's Pick 'em contest 2008-09

For Week Two 11/16/2008 here are the big five questions, and don't forget the bonus like some of you did last week.
1. (Worth $10) Blazers will be #1 in the NW division after this week, Sat 11/22/2008. (Yes/No)
2. (Worth $5) Saturday Terry Porter will host his former team, the Blazers. Will Terry Porter win this first match up? (Yes/No)
3. (Worth $20) BYU beats Utah Saturday. (Yes/No)
4. (Worth $10) Rookie Rudy Fernandez will have more points than #1 overall pick Derick Rose Wednesday when they go head to head. (Yes/No)
5. (Worth $15) Evan's #1 seeded intramural b-ball team wins semi-final, and final game to be crowned champions, even though I am fighting like seven injuries right now. (Yes/No)

Bonus: James Rodgers has more TD's than his brother Quiz Saturday vs Arizona. (Yes/No)Here is the standings after week ONE:

1. Brandon "I bleed Cougar blue" with $50
2. Whitney "Greg Oden isn't retired?" with $40
Evan "Beaver/Blazer die hard" with $40
4. Greg "Houston Rockets for life" with $30
5. Aaron "I am taller than my older bro" with $30
6. Stu "Yes I own two horses" with $20
7. Isaac "Oregon H.S. baller of the year" with $15
8. Mere "Hiesman BYU womans F.F." with $10
Les "I beat my bro until he was 6'2" with $10
10. Tyler "Boise St Bronco die hard" with $-5
11. Adam "The legendary blogger" with $-10
Ryan "I forgot most of my picks" with $-10
12. Triz "Give me my money now" with $-15
13. Hales "The only east coaster" with $-20

Those who failed to ever email:
Brad, Driod, Richard, Ryan, Bjork, Josh

A few notes:
Isaac was the only one who picked Beaver Basketball losing to Howard, nicely done. To quote him, "Beavs win a b-ball game? Never."
Adam is a Blazer/Beaver hater and he paid the price, just like the Jazz have the last two games vs the Bobcats and Cavs.
B-Winter jumps out to the early lead and seemed very confident in his picks, only perfect score this week.
Many of you missed B-Roy who scored 22 points, not 24, sorry (including me).
Watch out for Hales, he has a deadly deep jumer and can come back in a hurry.

1 comment:

Greg R. said...

1. No
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. No
5. Yes

Bonus

No

I've got faith in you Evan. Fight through the pain!

Greg